Monday, November 2, 2009

Treasure Hunting: Our Modern Day Adventures


What if I told you that you could have a hobby that would keep your body fit, your mind sharp and would make you feel like a kid again? One little word, GEOCACHING and after your first hunt you'll be hooked!! Or at least I was, and am again after revisiting this hobby while my Sis in Law, Bri dragged me through the Georgia woods looking for loot. I'm excited and jittery like a kid on Easter morning waiting for the Egg Hunt to start!!
There are hundreds of thousands of caches all around the world waiting to be found. You can look some up in your area at http://www.geocaching.com/. It's like a nature walk or hike paired with scavenger hunting. This site is an awesome resource that gives you coordinates, hints and rates each cache based on difficulty and size.
When I first tried this in Okinawa, you basically would go to a park or hiking path and find a small box. The box would contain a log and some Nick-knacks. That was years ago. Geocaching has gained popularity all over the world and caches have become much more unique and difficult to find. Some are as small as your finger and camouflaged very well. Other caches are puzzles to be solved and not physical objects. As with all things, the item found is not nearly as beautiful as the Journey itself....






To find peace, I have to search for the beauty in each day and remind myself not to take anything for granted! Until next time--



1 comment:

  1. My sister brought me up to speed on this phenom while we were there in August. SOOO COOL! I have got to get that going here soon. I have to see what the hype is all about for myself. I know the kids will love it!! Love the pics...

    ReplyDelete