Tuesday, August 4, 2009

And There I Was...


An Island Girl Living At The Edge Of The Forest:
I grew up on the beautiful island of Oahu in Hawaii. Since I left at 19, I have lived in Japan. First in Kanagawa prefecture (near Tokyo), for three years and then on the island of Okinawa for another six years. We have enjoyed our time overseas and I have made so many wonderful friends in the process. I am accustomed to a diverse, multi-cultural environment with many languages, customs and culinary adventures to try.
Now that we're back in the U.S. and living in Georgia, I still feel that sense of wonder and adventure. I have never had the privilege of living in the continental United States. For a girl who's used to eating sushi and driving on the left hand side of the road, the States is as alien to me as any foreign country.
This blog is my way of documenting my travels and life experiences for myself and my friends all over the world to enjoy. Everything I've learned (and continue to learn) about blogging is thanks to my talented and sweet friend, Diane. She is a blog-goddess and much of what I do here is stolen (oops, I mean borrowed) from her work.
For my friends who know and love me.... I hope you like this crazy and unapologetic glimpse into my psyche and life!!



2 comments:

  1. Loving the blog!
    I hope you are learning the customs of your new country. (-:
    I can't wait to see how you adapt to the south.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY...I heart the blog look, feel, and TITLE!! I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. Love you and miss you :o)

    ReplyDelete