Saturday, August 8, 2009

Why Women NEED Women Friends

As many of you know, I'm taking this time to restart my fitness routine and shed some weight. I didn't pack a lot of clothes and I've been having to do laundry every other day. The hubby and I decided that I should buy more workout clothes. My slow, chunky butt really doesn't need to be pimped out in Nike, Adidas or Puma. So off to Walmart we went for some Danskin and Champion gear. Unfortunately, the selection was scarce which was a first for me. The selection at both the Hawaii and Florida Walmarts were huge for active wear. Oh well, I made a few selections based on the little, available in my size. The following is the conversation that took place while I was trying these items on.

*After trying on the first pair of capris....
Me: How does this look?
Hubby: Very nice!
*In the cart, go the capris and I'm off to try on the next pair.
Me: (donning capris #2) How about this one?
Hubby: It looks good. (He says while not really looking)
Me: Ugh! MEN.... (Finally gets a look from said Husband)
*At this point, I try on a matching shirt and capris set. I think the capris are a little long. In fact, they look more like crabbing pants but for $7 I'm willing to deal with it. Let's ask the hubby....
Me: How do you like this one?
Hubby: It's good. (He says from a side-glance.)
Me thinking: Good? Big W-T-F??
Me saying: Honey, I don't have any female friends here! You're going to have to be real with me. Friends DON'T let Friends have Camel Toe!!!
Hubby: (Jaw dropped...) ?????????????????
Me: (Head hung low) *SIGH*
*I turn around and change back into my street clothes.

Clothes shopping is just one of the MANY reasons Women NEED female friends!!

Should I have known better than to expect my husband to be a good shopping partner? Sure, but I'm desperate!!

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you know the guys are taught at an early age to say...."Good" or "I like it" when we try ANYTHING on. The need to either act on their gay tendancies (and don't play, they all have it...) nad fall in line or sit back in the wingback chair and read a book. P.S...camel toe is never right!!! Hope you found some that made your butt look good...that is what it's all about :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the funniest thing I have read in a while.
    HILARIOUS. I am getting you a bumper sticker that says..

    "Friend's DON'T let friend's have Camel toe"
    you better rock it on your cool non okinawan car.

    ReplyDelete