Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Word About George & CCNA


George is currently going through CCNA course which I believe stands for Cisco Certified Network Administrator (forgive me, if this is wrong). Many of his friends in class find this course work difficult and they've come together to form a study group. I'm very proud of him although concerned about his study "methods". You see, George studies better when he's had a few beers (who am I to question what works or not). George has been on a mission to find a store that has a better beer selection than the Class Six on base. After looking through many Package stores (that's what the liquor shops are called) he couldn't find one that offered a decent beer selection until his instructor told him about a place called Toast.
Toast Wine and Beverage is a gloriously, huge shop with a variety liquors, a separate wine section and over 54 types of beer. They even offer a pick-your-six option where they sell you beer individually so you can create your own six pack. Needless to say, we went home with a case of beer that day. I wasn't too annoyed as I did pick out a bottle of Moscato for myself from their wine section. The Class Six on base does not carry Dezzani. Can you believe it? I was in utter shock! In fact, I haven't found Dezzani off base either. However, I think the selection at Toast will keep me busy for awhile....

I'm going to do a series on my blog about my Wine Selections. I miss all my Wine Friends dearly! If I find something yummy, I'll be sure to send the recommendations out. George has started his own quest to find his favorite beers. It looks a little something like this:


I'm proud to say that George almost finished with CCNA and has only one more test to complete. Apparantly, this drunk studying works for him. Cross your fingers and wish us luck! This is supposed to be the hardest part of his 5 month schooling. So far he's doing great and I have faith that the rest of his course will be a breeze for him.

1 comment:

  1. I always find that drinking while trying to memorize stuff was helpful. Tell him all he needs is a good tobacco shop and a Hugh Heffner smoking jacket and he's set for success. And WTF?...no Dezzani? That's just weird...I bet they have Boone's Farm in the Dirty South though don't they??

    ReplyDelete